Sunday, May 8, 2022

Childhood Perpetuity

 

     Raising a child is a daunting task and always has been. Still, there should be a graduation process ..... shouldn't there? My own dear mother has gone to be with the Lord and I'm sure she has had her inquiries with Him concerning this very subject. When does it end? That's not a question that she's alone in asking. I believe with all my heart my wife is asking the same question and to be openly transparent we're not talking about our kids. It's probably become apparent to many of our friends, that this is the inheritance of sorts, my mom passed on to my beloved. I really try, kinda, to be a good boy! In truth, some of the blame for this state of perpetual childishness rests with my brothers [Myron and Bruce] while at the same time served as a conditioning environment for my sister [Sandy] in her preparation for motherhood. Still, I wonder if my wife's propensity for the raising and care of animals might also play into this. 

     I once told my mother that I wanted to be a musician when I grew up. Her reply was that I couldn't have it both ways. This I thought could be a definitive explanation as to why I may be caught in this state of perpetual childhood. After all, when have you ever seen a grown-up musician? Still, here I reside in this state of flux, wrestling with this quagmire of relentless query. Perhaps, I shall make of this a supposition that my dear wife needs me to be this way to fend off any underlying feelings of motherly deprivations. 

     Yes, this must be the answer. I'm the true hero of my own making. I'm fulfilling my lovely wife's underlying and consuming need to relevancy and purpose.  I, or we should pay homage to this never- ending sacrifice of motherhood, and maybe even set aside a day for celebration. Yes, my wife portrays the elaborate picture of motherhood and I will ever play my role in this quest of perpetual childhood for her sake. 

     As always, your everlasting source of childishness, and your ever- sacrificing husband.    Love Gordon 

       

 

No comments: